Stiltz Lifts of BC – COVID-19 Policy and Protocols
Stiltz Lifts of BC – COVID-19 Policy and Protocols these are exceptional times. With Coronavirus – COVID-19 – we all face an unprecedented global challenge. At Stiltz Lifts of BC we will continue to review activities on a daily basis to ensure we comply with safety directives at all times. At the same time, we look to balance this with providing the expected levels of service and support to our customers while being mindful of minimizing risk for all concerned.
We are acutely aware that our customers tend to fall into higher risk categories, whether due to age, or as a result of pre-existing medical conditions. Therefore, it is all the more important for our current and future customers to maintain their safety and independence at home with the help of their home-lifts; this contributes towards the current policy of social distancing, especially important for seniors and those with compromised immune systems. Reduction of accidents within the home at this time will also help minimize the burden on the increasingly stressed healthcare system.
We are keen to ensure those who need new home lifts installed and those who require their lifts to be serviced, can expect these activities to take place without fear of risk to their health. There are multiple online resources that will guide you to assist in providing a safe workplace for your employees and help protect the customers whose home you visit.
For this we would recommend the BC Centre for Disease Control-Covid-19 Webpage: http://covid-19.bccdc.ca
While we are practicing social distancing whenever possible, we also understand that we offer need-based products and services. As such, we will do our best to remain open to serve our customers throughout these uncertain times. We will attempt to provide as much assistance as possible over the phone, including:
- Virtual Consultations
- No-Contact Consultations
- No-Contact Repairs
We can assure you that:
- Our staff members are not exhibiting any of the symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
- Our staff members have not recently traveled outside of the country or knowingly come into contact with someone who may have COVID-19.
- Our staff members will use hand sanitizer or disinfectant prior to entering any customer’s home.
- Our staff members will use sanitizing sprays and wipes on any products, tools, or other materials that they bring into a customer’s home.
- Our staff members will not shake hands with customers and will practice social distancing (at least six feet) whenever possible.
We will also ask that each customer confirm that no members of their household have recently traveled outside of the country, have knowingly come into contact with someone who may have COVID-19, or is exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness.
We also suggest that anyone in the household who is especially vulnerable should stay away from any visitor to the home (including us).
We care about the safety of our employees and our customers. However, at this time, it is impossible for anyone to guarantee that they are not transmitting COVID-19. It is our customers’ responsibility to determine whether to allow visitors to their home.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from authorities and will update our policy accordingly. Thank you for trusting Stiltz Lifts of British Columbia.
When possible, we are offering virtual consultations with our Accessibility Specialist to allow us to continue to serve our customers while eliminating the need for in-person contact.
Our process is as follows:
- Give us a call and speak with our Accessibility Specialist via phone.
- Our Accessibility Specialist will ask you a variety of questions and let you know which pictures to send (via text message or e-mail) or which areas to show via video.
- Based on the information provided, the Accessibility Specialist will provide recommendations, send you brochures/video links and other documentation (via e-mail) and even send you an estimate for your proposed project installation and options.
- If you approve the estimate, we will draft a formal quote for your review whereby you can send a deposit electronically and we can schedule delivery/installation (continuing to avoid physical contact, if desired).
While installation of many of our accessibility solutions requires one or more of our Accessibility Specialists to enter your home, we have a process in place to continue to avoid physical contact.
Our process is as follows:
- Our Accessibility Specialist(s) will call you when we are to arrive at your home.
- If you can unlock the door then move to another part of the home.
- Regardless of where your product is installed, our Accessibility Specialist will minimize the time spent in your home as much as possible. He will also clean and wipe the equipment with sanitizer when he is finished.
- After installation, he will call to notify you that he has finished, and we will walk you through usage instructions and questions over the phone or video conference.
- Any final paperwork or payments can be completed electronically or over the phone.
No Contact Repairs
If you have a stair lift, platform lift, or other product that needs repairs, we are committed to providing help while continuing to minimize or remove physical contact.
Our process is as follows:
- We will attempt to troubleshoot over the phone or video call whenever possible.
- If your repair requires a home visit, we will follow the “No-contact installations” process outlined above.
We are in this together and are standing by to offer you as much support as possible during this challenging time. If you have any questions, concerns or doubts about anything, please contact us and we will do our best to assist.
Mark Senner President, Stiltz Lifts of British Columbia